Next level Pizza dough.
Day 1 (Poolish)
- 300 ml lukewarm water
- 300 g 00 flour
- 5 g dry active yeast
- 5 g honey
- In a large mixing bowl add water, honey and yeast. Mix until yeast has dissolved.
- After a few minututes bubbles should form. If it doesn't the yeast is old and should be discarded.
- Add flour to mixture and mix until all flour has been dissolved.
- Cover/seal and leave for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Place in fridge for 16 to 24 hours.
Day 2 (Dough)
- 400 ml lukewarm water
- 700 g 00 flour
- 25 g salt
- 10 g olive oil
- Take poolish out of fridge and let it rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Add water to poolish and mix until poolish has melted.
- Add salt and mix to dissolve.
- Add flour and mix until water has incorporated.
- Throw out onto clean/dry surface and kneed for about 10 minutes. The dough will be sticky.
- Add olive oil and kneed until fully incorporated.
- Kneed into a rough ball and cover with an upside down container or large baking pan.
- After 15 to 20 minutes, wet your hands with a few drops of olive oil and form the dough into a smooth ball.
- Grease a clean bowl with some olive oil, put the dough ball inside.
- Store in fridge for 16 to 24 hours.
Day 3 (Pizza Party)
- Low moisture mozarella
- Parmigiano reggiano
- Tomato sauce (Mutti can, Basilico, San Marzano etc)
- Olive oil
Begin preparation around 3.5 hours before serving.
- Take dough out of fridge and let it rest at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Throw dough out onto surface and roll into tight balls. Around 6 balls for medium sized pizzas.
- Add balls to sealed containers and leave to rest at room temperature for about 2 hours.
- Stretch dough, prepare and cook pizza.